2/19/14

Firsts

Displaying photo.JPG




  As I mentioned in my last post, I've been experiencing a number of firsts. I thought I would share some of them with you.

{1} Skiing - Over the weekend I joined my youth group in going to a winter get-away retreat in the Poconos, which was a lot of fun. Monday, we stopped at the Jack Frost ski slopes, where I ventured into the land of snow and falling on your face. It was my first time, but I was excited. I started out on the green slopes as one of the chaperons tried to teach me. Of course I fell a bunch. Once I got somewhat good at doing  an S, I graduated to the blue slopes. And then after a couple runs on those slopes, I went down the Black Diamond. It was probably a stupid idea, but I was bent on accomplishing something that day. The first time I made it through without falling, praying the whole way down. The second time, I wiped out at the end. And now I have a very sore neck and a bruise on my nose where my sunglasses broke. Just so that I could gain my confidence back, I went on it again. Thankfully, I survived without any slip ups. For the rest of the day, I took it easy and tried to enjoy myself.

{2} Chick-fil-A - After the exhausting day out on the slopes, our last stop together was Chick-fil-A. I was excited to go and try it, especially since it was Christian owned and had been a hot topic restaurant on several occasions. I couldn't tell whether it was just because I was so tired or whether the food was so good, but it hit the spot. I now have a good memory attached to Chick-fil-A.

{3} Gym - I joined a gym! In New York City, I wasn't allowed to work out at a gym because of my age. But here in Quarryville, it's different! I'm getting to do weight training which is something I've always wanted to do and it's nearby our new home. Woohoo! Let's pump some iron.



Veronica A.


No comments:

Post a Comment