3/12/15

At the 18 Overlook

 

  "You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall." ~ Psalm 18:28-29

     I never really thought I'd make it to 18. It seemed like a distant thing that would pass without actually happening. But now that it has come, I've become aware of the phenomenon known as growing up. Not that I would presume to call myself an adult or to say that I have somehow reached the top of the mountain. But I am at a higher overlook and I can see more.
    Honestly, it feels exciting. Gazing over my past below me, like a valley beside a summit, I realize how far I've come yet how much more is ahead of me. God has been good to me and I will go on following him, because he turns my darkness into light.

Trekking on,

Veronica A.

No comments:

Post a Comment