7/1/15

Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani: This Youth Is Crazy

     
     I remember the moment vividly. My eyes were groggy, I was so done with school, late in the light, Junior year was taking me to my very end- sound familiar? I found this movie while searching for some soul lifting. It spoke to me. And then I spent three hours enthralled in Bollywood magic.
     
     Naina (Deepika Padukone) is a girl who has only known studying and work when her hippy friend invites her on a group mountain trek. In a spontaneous act of rebellion, she decides to go. On the way she becomes enchanted by this free-spirited, flirtatious boy, called Bunny (Ranbir Kapoor). The movie is about enjoying life and the people in it. 
     As you can probably imagine, this resonated with me. I wanted colorful and tantalizing musical numbers to play out in my life when something exciting happened.  I wanted to ditch my books for a invigorating mountaineering holiday. I wanted one of my friends to have a Indian destination wedding so that I could cover my arms in henna. 
     Even though none of these things has happened yet, I still enjoy the fun-loving atmosphere of the film and would recommend it to anyone feeling stuffy about life. 



     But I don't recommend the trailer. 


Veronica A.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing to see how prolific Bollywood actually is. I couldn't believe it

    ReplyDelete